The DiGeSt editorial team is inviting proposals for a special issue set to be published in Autumn 2020.
Through this open call, we promote prospective Guest Editors to send ideas for Special Issues to our Chief Editors by 1 October 2019 (firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com; please use both emails).
The editorial team will then select one proposition based on a comparative assessment. We are looking for interesting topics in a field that is wide enough to attract interest, discussion and attention among and beyond our readership, while also ensuring our usual elevated peer review norms.
For this issue, we would specifically welcome themes with scholarly focus on parenting and parenthood, applying diversity and gender studies as a main frame of reference. Our interest includes and is not limited to study fields such as diasporic parenting, motherhood, disability and parenting, transparenting, fatherhood, parenting and religion, parenting as labor, care work, queer parenting, etc. within diverse theoretical and methodological frameworks.
Please send your proposals by October 1, 2019. Special issue proposals should contain all the following information:
1. Proposed title of Special Issue;
2. Name(s) and contact detail(s) of guest editor(s) including the affiliations and useful links (university profiles and ORCID) for each guest editor;
3. A short description of the objectives and subjects discussed and a case for the readership's interest in the subject (500-800 words), that could include indication of authors who may be willing to submit work on the issue (e.g., people who have contributed to relevant recent symposia or thematic volumes);
4. A list of ten prospective reviewers who are expected to show a low probability of conflicts of interest in the review process to preserve our usual elevated double-blind peer review norms.
Once commissioned, the special issue is expected to have an open call for submissions (announced in the DiGest and through our newsletters and mailing lists). Editors are welcome to encourage the submission of a document by prospective writers. It is anticipated that all submissions will undergo the same strict review process as periodic DiGeSt submissions.
Please keep the deadlines in mind, as we have to be strict with our timing and publication provisional schedule:
• October 1, 2019: Deadline for expression of interest
• November 1, 2019: Announcement of successful proposal, and call for papers
• February 1, 2019: Paper submission deadline
• May 1, 2020: Provisional acceptance of papers
• August, 2020: Publication