Posted by An Van Raemdonck on 2023-09-15
DiGeSt – Journal of Diversity and Gender Studies - is an open access, bi-annual, peer-reviewed interdisciplinary and international journal hosted by Ghent University, included in DOAJ, Scopus and VABB list.
The journal aims to strengthen academic research at the intersection of Gender and Sexuality Studies on the one hand, and Diversity studies on the other, including discussions of ethnicity, race, migration, refugees, multiculturalism, religion or pluralism. It encourages research that focusses on contemporary issues and developments that shape superdiverse societies in all its possible tensions and challenges.
The current opening for a co-editor-in-chief is a voluntary unpaid position and is usually combined with other academic responsibilities and full-time or part-time jobs. The journal publishes two issues per year. The Autum/Winter Issue has traditionally been a guest-edited Special Issue. The journal does currently not have a classic book review section, but a separate “What are you reading” section. In this section – autonomously edited by a section editor – we invite junior scholars in particular to review books that have been essential for their work in Gender & Diversity studies.
We expect potential candidates to have obtained a PhD degree in a field relevant to Gender & Diversity Studies. The journal features interdisciplinary work, so candidates should ideally be knowledgeable about more than their own discipline, or be able to assess and evaluate interdisciplinary work. Candidates should furthermore have an excellent command of English. Previous editorial experience is a great advantage but not a requirement.
Activities of DiGeSt’s co-editor-in-chief include:
- Completing review processes of submissions. Reviewing and evaluating submitted articles’ suitability for DiGeSt. Inviting suitable peer reviewers.
- Communicating with interested authors.
- Copy-editing and typesetting of articles accepted for publication.
- Organising editorial board meetings (2/year)
- Communicating with and updating editorial and advisory boards of the Journal’s activities or achievements.
- Representing the Journal at relevant meetings.
- Communicating the Journal’s news and publications on social media.
- Increasing the Journal’s visibility by networking and reaching out to new audiences.
Send your CV and short motivation letter (max. 500 words) to email@example.com
Deadline: September 28th, 2023
Back to Announcements and calls List